Well. What had happened was…
I placed a Tillbury order from Beautylish, you know the 300.00 kit kind? And in it was a Tillbury Pillowtalk lipstick. And I loved it. However, it was the only thing in the kit I loved. I didn’t like the cheeky pop thing, didn’t like the mascara. Didn’t try the eye palette or the eyeliner, because my eyes have been so super sensitive.
So I sent it all back.
I just couldn’t justify keeping all of that expensive makeup for one lipstick. Even though that one lipstick was totally bad assed and awesome.
This is where my haulage comes in. I was on a Pillowtalk dupe mission.
This is what I got:
- Milani Bold Matte in #12 I am Radiant. This is the bee’s knees of formula. I probably could have gone a little nuder in my shade choice but honestly, the formula is so comfortable and creamy, I’d rock the shade anyway.
- Maybelline Matte in # 565 Almond Rose and Honey Pink. This another formula that rocks my socks off. I’m not sure where I have been lately in drugstore lipstick, but clearly not in the Maybelline Mattes. Ya’ll know I’m not about that matte dry crinkly lip life, these mattes need no toppers or gloss. The shades are pretty awesome too. Neither are dupes for Pillow Talk, but both are nice and welcome additions.
- Revolution Renaissance Lipstick in the shades Awaken, Restore and Prime. Good Grannies. I haven’t purchased any Revolution lipsticks in a hot minute. Dang. I want more. This is one of my favorite formulas yet, it’s smooth and creamy and not dry at all. Again, my shade selections were off for the Pillow Talk Dupe, though Awaken is pretty close to Kim KW. Restore will definitely be for days I feel bolder, but damn, isn’t it beautiful? Ultimately, I will reach for Prime the most out of these three.
- Charlotte Tillbury Kim KW. Oh how I wish I could trade this for Pillow Talk. I love the formula, but. And that’s a BIG ol’ BUTT…..the drugstore formulas feel just as luxurious to me, without the 32.00$ price tag. Ugh, I know. How do you pay 32 smackers for a lipstick that you aren’t in love with? It’s all in the shade. I do wear it, but I totally change up the shade with lipliner.
- Flower Beauty in the shade 035 Spiced Petal. Love. Love. Love. This is the closest to my coveted Pillow Talk in shade and in formula. It’s pretty stinking cool you guys, and a fraction of the price. It’s comfortable, wears well and makes my lips look and feel healthy and plump.
- ELF Praline. ELF has so many bomb ass products out right now. I don’t know if this is a newbie or if it’s been around since inception, but I’m just finding it. It kind of reminds me of a nuder version of the 90’s brown. Remember that? I like it with gloss or without. It’s a dryer formula than the other lipsticks in my haul, but…it is a chubby stick. I’m sure those have to be slightly dryer.
- Essence Ultra Last in the shade 8. In my investigations, this shade was supposed to be a dupe for Pillow Talk, but I don’t see it. It’s quite pinker. However. I quite like it. I feel like this is another one that I will wish I would have purchased more of. It wears well, feels comfortable and it’s very inexpensive. The shade is awesome too, just not a dupe.
- L A Girl Matte Lipsticks in the shades Hush and Snuggle. Whew. These are the most wearable matte lipsticks ever or life. It’s kind of like sorcery really. I put it on thinking it was going to be like one of those Wet N Wild mattes that kind of tug on your lips when you apply it? You guys know what I mean, like they look beautiful, and wear well, but the application is just kinda um, dry? Yea, no. That’s not what you get with these little guys. They feel smooth. Almost slippery. But not slippery. You just have to experience it. I wore Snuggle all day yesterday and it was amazing. I found them at CVS last weekend, buy one get one. I consider that a steal.
And that’s about it.
Well, I picked up an ELF Pout Perfecter in Glow, but. Another BIG BUTT, the applicator is a hot mess and I can’t really apply the product like I’m sure it was intended to be applied.
It’s stiff, point and un moveable. I end up kind of putting it on my finger and rubbing it on my lips, which makes a mess of the glitters – Long story short, I trashed it. But, I will repurchase it.
Have you guys tried any of these lipsticks? Do you know of Pillow Talk dupes?
The sun is finally shining.