I know it’s a little late, but I wanted to share a few my goals for January.
The first month of the year is my favorite. I always feel relief at the beginning of the year. New beginnings await, we’re closer to Spring, the stress of the holidays are over, my pocketbook rejoices. Tax time comes, work is slower, Little’s school schedule gets back to normal and it’s my birth month! High five to all of my Aquarius friends!
I am a goal maker, not just in January. I make goals for myself every day. Every month. To me, it’s planning, but with longer a longer time to accomplish them. Some of the goals I make for myself I completely stink up, some I maintain and others I smash. I’m not too hard on myself if I stink something up, I figure out what happened and try harder the next day or the next month. These are my goals for January. Or what’s left of it.
- I’m not going to beat myself up if I break our plans. Yes, you read that correctly. I’m going not going to beat myself up if I have to break my plans with others. Too many times I do things that I don’t feel like doing because I feel obligated. Even though I may feel like shit on a stick, I put on my makeup, and short myself the rest or solitude I may need, to benefit others. I have to stop doing that. Phil and I had a taco date today. I didn’t sleep well, and woke up feeling bad. Lightheaded, ears hurting, anxious, blurred vision, the whole gambit and I felt bad for telling him I was staying home to rest and didn’t want company. I didn’t feel like talking. Or listening. I am my main concern right now. And if that means broken plans, well. We’ll just have to do it some other time.
- I want to use more of what I have. Like in make up terms. Youtube is fleeting, it’s always on to the next greatest thing and I feel like I can’t keep up. I want to use stuff up and hit pan. I also want to curate my collection a little more towards my likes and preferences. I mean, why wouldn’t I? I like the idea of using things I already have and deciding what to box up to pass on, and what to keep.
- I want to be creative. I MISS IT. I miss writing. I miss painting. I miss doing creative things with makeup and photography. Damn. I miss making “stuff”.
- I want to feel healthy. Nothing more to say about that. Not even like my old self, because those days are gone. But healthy.
- I want to start track walking again. Really, I can’t even entertain this thought right now. It’s dark at 5. It’s cold. And rainy. And I’m still not steady on my feet. Yet. I’m too anxious to do it in the mornings, and Little’s school/ basket ball schedule doesn’t exactly afford the time I’d need to do it in the afternoon. Besides. I’m so tired by the time I get home from work anymore, I just want to shuck my work clothes and be still. Last weekend, Little and I did laps around Home depot while we were shopping. It’s not exactly 2 miles at the track, but it’s a start. I have to do something, my man muscles have turned into marshmellows. Just like that.
I can’t get too crazy, there are only a few weeks left in January. These may have to be a few of my resolutions/goals for the year as well.
What are your January goals? Did you make resolutions? How do you stay on track?