I heart a good dupe. Today I have 2 super duper so close it hurts, dupes.
The first is for Buxom Full on Lip Cream in White Russian. I love this lip gloss. I like it on top of lipstick and on plain ol lips. It’s not sticky at all, smells like cake and of a burny tingly factor from 1-5 it’s about a
2, okay maybe it’s a 3.
It’s also a cool $21.00 at Sephora.
Twenty one dollars for lip gloss?????
In my defense, it is a cult classic and.. well, really, um, insert lame excuse for spending $21.00 on lipgloss here…..YOUTUBE made me do it. Anyway, I like it. I’ve liked it so much that I’m almost out of it…and who does better dupe research than a female that’s almost out of a $21.00 lip gloss?
I found a few, some super close and one so damn close it hurts.
I know I said two, I’ll get there, I promise.
Not in any particular order.
- Ulta Butter Balm/Belle * I started not to include this gloss because Ulta has discontinued it. However, I decided to do it anyway, because if you have it, it is a pretty spot on match for White Russian. Burny Tingly factor 0.
- Covergirl Colorliscious/Melted Toffee * Sooooo close. Burny Tingly factor 0. $5.49 at Walmart.
- Hard Candy Plumping Serum/ Pink Cadillac * Whew, even closer. Taste sweet, no Burny Tingly factor ehhh, theres a little something happening, we’ll say it’s maybe a .5? It’s not sticky at all. Not plumping at all either. $6.00 Walmart.
- LA Colors Moisturizing Lip GLoss/ Bare* $1.00 at the DG. One dollar. No Burny Tingle Factor. Smells a little weird, but dissipates quickly.
- Broadway Colors Elixir Lipgloss/ French * So damn close it hurts. This one is the real deal, without the Burny Tingly factor. It wears well, feels smooth matches White Russian spot on and it’s only $2.00 at the DG.
So sorry Buxom… I love my White Russian…..but these are so close. I just can’t.
BONUS DUPE* 💋💋💋💋
Here’s another super duper so close it hurts dupe.
Charlotte Tillbury Lip Lustres are sooooo luxurious, man, they make my lips feel full and soft and really just perfect. However, with a $22.00 price tag… I use it sparingly. I ordered some stuff from Flower Beauty recently and they totally threw this gloss in. It’s their Galaxy Glaze in Soleil. I have to tell you, if I could have done cartwheels.. I seriously would have done a cartwheel. They’re pretty spot on, Soleil is a litle more rosier in a swatch- but on the lips they look same. Both are gorgeous. Flower Beauty Galaxy Glazes are $9.99 at Ulta. (And, you get points too.) Neither have Burny Tingly factors, and neither have a discernable scent. Both are pretty stinking awesome.
What do you think? Do you guys have any super duper so close it hurts dupes for higher end stuff?