Neutral lips and me go together like peanut butter and jelly. Or salt and pepper. Bee’s and honey. Coffee and donuts. Mac and cheese. Pooh and Piglet.
Okay, okay. You get it.
I was touching up my makeup after I ate and found a laughable amount of neutral/nudish lip products in my makeup bag and thought I’d share. To be fair, there are a handful of pinkish, red, berry looking stuff that I do kinda blend in when I’m feeling bolder.
Or bold for a neutral lip lover anyway.
5 and 5.
Yes, there are 10 lip products in my makeup bag. And yes, I use them all.
Let’s start with the nudes/neutrals.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in the shade Seduction.
- ColourPop/ Kathleen Lights collab in Aquarius.
- Maybelline Color Jolt in the shade Stripped Down.
- Rimmel Provocalips in the shade Make Your Move.
- Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet in Atomic Rose.
And now for the sort of kinda maybe adventurous ones.
- Rimmel Provocalips in the shade Kiss Fatal.
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive.
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach.
- Nars Velvet Matte pencil in Cruella.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in #48 Tuscan Toast.
I usually mix these with the nudey/neutral ones listed above, but I have worn the Nars pencil on a few occasions by itself because it makes me feel all rockstar status.
I contemplated doing mini reviews for them all, but decided against it because they are all pretty good. Some are more special than others, but the fact that I carry them all in my makeup bag every day speaks volumes. They are the cream of the crop. The best of the best. The bee’s knees. The pick of the litter. The creme de la creme.
You get it.
What’s your ride or die lip stuff? Comment below.
Thought for the day: